POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Monday, October 10, 2005

Stirring things up as always

Brian McLaren has a new book coming out- The Secret Message of Jesus. Our fellow bloggers over at EmergentNO are already riled up about it and there's no doubt other Emergent/McLaren critics will be as well. Their main charge is that a title like that screams gnosticism. As soon as I heard the title that crossed my mind as well. McLaren's no dummy. He has to know that a title like that would stir up controversy. I know I'm now looking forward to reading it just to see exactly what McLaren's talking about. I tend to think McLaren knows exactly what he's doing, so I'm interested to see what he's going for.

BTW, here's EmergentNO's post about the book. Go to the comments section and check out my fellow pomonk Stephen's rant. What a passionate, passionate man!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera