POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Ideal vs Reality: Thoughts on the London Attacks

I really like what Adam said. He stated what I find over and over in times of tough decision, Christianity is a great Ideal, but it is not practical. I believe Christianity is the greatest of ideals, at any point it is above any other systems of ideals, but it is in our most difficult times of decisions that it is impractical. I ask myself two questions: 1 Do I follow it through to an unsure end or 2 do I do what is practical? Then I come back to my same conclusion, How do we know non violence, looking at ourselves and asking why before we look at those who planted the bombs and a change in our lives, policies and attitudes do not all work and are not all solutions Jesus would work from? I appreciate Adam's challenge to take this great Ideal, Christianity, and live it into a reality.

Pax
Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera