POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Live 8

I am sitting in my living room watching Annie Lennox's Live 8 performance. During the performance they played a video of African Children who have AIDS, many of which have already died. Now Kanye West is performing Jesus Walks and there are thousands of People screaming "Jesus walks, God show me a way". How many Christians are supporting this event? Why is this not being preached about and offered as a great opportunity to worship by giving to and supporting this cause. On this independence Day Weekend I am reminded of a quote " America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."
-- Alexis de Tocqueville. We are far from great, we are far from good, I certainly hope debt will be forgiven and we will be proactive in Africa on issues like hunger, disease, poverty and AIDS. I want to love our country and support it but when I see our world's condition and the apathy not just of the government but also of the citizens...I just do not have words for it. I find myself beyond sadness. Lets do something!

Pax
Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera