POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

On Life and Death

With in a two-day span I experienced one of the greatest joys and one of the greatest loses of my entire life. On Friday a few weeks ago my wife and I found out the sex of our little baby and were able to finally call her by her name Mary Clare. Two days later on Sunday Morning at 5 am my dad called and told me my grandfather had passed away. My granddad was and still is one of the most influential and important people in my life. Life and death are both very precarious things. Both bring about change, adjustments and anxiety. I preached my granddad’s funeral, I opened it by saying “I am about to be a dad and I am so scared because my little girl will never get to meet the greatest man I have ever known.” How do we reconcile the joy of life in the midst of death? I feel like I am experiencing John Mayer’s quarter life crisis, in that I do not know how to let go and embrace at the same time, do any of us know how to do that?

Pax
Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera