POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Friends are safe in London

Just recieved an e-mail from my friend Shelley letting me know that her and her husband Josh were unaffected by the bombings in London. They're only over there for a few more days finishing a year studying at Oxford. I figured they were fine but its nice to hear.

I often struggle with what my response should be to acts such as this. Obviously I pray for those affected by the bombings. But I wonder what, if any, action should be taken? I think Jesus would call us to pray for the bombers as well, and to search our own lives for ways we may contribute to systems of injustice that cause groups like al-Queda to believe that acts of terrorism are the only recourse. I know this is not a popular stance to take, and I'm not saying the terrorists are blameless. But I believe that all citizens of the planet live lives that are more connected then we think.

Jesus, open our eyes that we may see all people with compassion and see the areas of our own lives where we contribute to the hatred and violence in the world.

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Mary Liz Ingram said...

That is great to hear about Shelly and Josh, Your thoughts on this matter are excellent, how can we be reconcillers in th midst of chaos? Great Post!!
Stephen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera