POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Really Beautiful Story

This is a two pronged post. The first is to tell you a story I heard from Religion and Ethics Newsweekly about the Israeli Palestinian situation. A twelve year old boy was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers. The little boy was just walking down the street, the soldiers said he looked suspicious and took him out. The boys father took the body to a Israeli hospital and donated his organs. The organs went on to save the life of 6 Israelis. The father said he did it as a offering of peace. I just thought this was a beautiful story of grace and peace. The second prong is actually how I heard this story. Religion and Ethics Newsweekly is now doing their show in podcast form. It can be subscribed to from the Podcast site on I Tunes. I encourage you all do subscribe to it for free and support such a great moderate religion program.
Pax
Stephen

5 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Tim said...

You know, this show is on one of those old-fashioned things called a TV too. Its on real early Sunday morning, so we have the VCR (another old-fashioned thing) set to tape it so we can watch it later. I think there's a more trendy alternative to the VCR too, but I stick to the TV/VCR combo just like I stick to the infallible 1611 KJV!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Mary Liz Ingram said...

Oh Tim,
I know you Primitive Baptists do not like all this new fangeled Technology, and yes Satan sends His demons through the IPod's Earphones into my brain and soul. I do have to say its alot easier to get my technosatan influence through my IPod than a VCR because I can do it anywhere!!
Stephen

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Tim said...

You're not really as cool as you think though b/c you don't have one of the VIDEO iPods. Something funny: there is actually a "Primitive Baptist Church" right up the street from us on Ponce! I've always wanted to visit, but I think I'm subconsciously afraid of what I might see there...

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Mary Liz Ingram said...

Wow, they are everywhere! I Actually have one less than 1/4 mile from my house. Maybe we are the minority and they are the silent majority?!? I fear a hostile take over is in the near future, fear the Primitives!!!

I also just want to note the comments about this post have gone farther from the original intent then I could have ever imagined, oh the beauty of the blog!

Pax
Stephen

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Seriously man, who wants to talk about peace in the Middle East when you can talk about iPods and Satan? If you really want that book deal you need to market yourself a little better Stephen and talk about things that matter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera