POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Friday, June 16, 2006

Focused Craziness

There's much I could update our loyal few readers on these days. I haven't posted since before going to Passport with the youth of Emory Pres. That was a bittersweet week. I thought the camp was great, but it was tough saying goodbye to a group of kids I really enjoyed being with.

Thursday I started my new position as Director of Student Ministries at First United Methodist Church of Monroe, Georgia. I'm trying to learn names of youth, parents, and other church members while figuring out what I need to do first. My days are also beginning earlier because until our house is ready in August I'm commuting from Atlanta everyday. It's my first full time position so I feel overwhelmed and over prepared all at the same time. It's nice to have one thing to focus your attention on instead of juggling school and a part-time position. I'll really be happy in a few months when the kids here start school again and life settles into some kind of rhythm.

Keep Jana and me in your prayers as we make this transition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera