POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Why Celebrate Death?

Today I woke up to the news of the death of Musab Al Zarqawi. I did not hear news that simply reported that the US dropped two five hundred pound bombs and killed this terrorist leader, unfortunately I heard people celebrating the death of another human being. I understand, although I totally disagree with, the precepts of war, there are deaths. I know that this is a part of war, which is one reason why I am so against it. When I turned on the news I heard our president calling a dead man a coward. I saw people celebrating the death of another human being. I saw pictures of Zarqawi, not just the ones we all have seen countless times, this time there was a new picture, one of Zarqawi's dead body. In my opinion there is never any justification to show the dead of war. When did we forget, if we ever remembered, that the lack of human respect, dignity and the total disregard of life are what cause wars, it is not how you end them. Some might argue that the world needs to see the photos of the dead to prove that they are in fact dead. This is rubbish, first off it is not to prove anything, this entire war was based on information that was never proven to the American public. America does not need proof. It is however using the lifeless body of another human being as propaganda in a time of fear and regret. We all shudder when we hear of the killing of troops and would never think of exposing their bodies, I believe the same dignity should be afforded to all people, enemy or not.
Pax
Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera