POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

For The Birds...


Yesterday I heard the strangest noise coming from right outside my office window. I followed the high pitched squaking to find a nest of three baby birds. My office is on the second floor, and my window looks right out onto this nest - less than a foot from my window. The mother-cardinal came and fed the babies, and then sat on them to keep them warm. Then to my amazement, the father-cardinal came, gave the mother some food, and flew off to find more. This has all been a great surprise to me. I have sat amazed listening to and watching these tiny creatures. No theological reflection on this...just that it is amazing and beautiful, and it is good to slow down and take notice of the birds.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Darrell Grizzle said...

The beauty in these pictures is all the theological reflection needed.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Mary Liz Ingram said...

This is a very refreshing post for me right now in the middle of finals and final papers, thanks for the reminder!
Pax
Stephen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera