POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Poo V/S Perdue

So I am elbow deep in the shiz again today around the church in our 7th day of Hurricane Relief. I am coming down the main hall to get some more supplies and as usual there is congestion. I get with in sight of the main office and I see several SWAT officers blocking up the hall. I stop next to an older man and say under my breath, "Good Grief what is it now?" The man just looks at me and and turns back to looking forward. Then out of no where the guy who is running the relief effort in our center comes up leans into the man next to me and says to him, "Alright Mr. Governor you can follow me", I look behind me and the man and see over 25 media and politicians all lined up behind us. So that is my first story about literally rubbing shoulders with Governor Perdue.
The second story addresses the Title of this post. He then proceeded into our ministers office which is located through the work room. All of the sudden SWAT blocks off the corridor and will let no one through. I approach them because I have 2 women's toilets running over and show them my staff badge and ask if I can get through to my area in the office that contains the sanitation products. No, they say "the Governors in there, it is a security risk" I look at the SWAT guy and tell him I work here and I have a lot of crap to clean up in the bathroom, and that is a really important thing. He looked down shook his head and waved me through. From that point on I had priviledged access to where ever Governor Perdue was. Poo 1 Perdue 0.
On a more serious note the Governor whipped the red cross' ass into shape while he was there, and it was greatly appreciated. I will write more about the worthless agencies known as the Red Cross and FEMA.
Pax
Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera