POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

StickItToTheManism


I haven't written in a while because The Man has been on my back. Now, understand, The Man is not one person. The Man is really more of a mentality.The Man gets you focused on stuff that is not really important. As we enter holy week, I've been thinking about The Man Jesus had to deal with. Jesus pissed off The Man. Actually, the thing that scares me most is when I start to become too sympathetic to The Man. One of Ben Folds songs, "The Ascent of Stan," tells the story of a stereotypical hippie who slowly buys into the American Dream and ends up becoming The Man he always sought to fight. How do we fight this subtle sickness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera