POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Take Time to Eat


I will be the first to admit - I like fast food. I have purposely avoided watching such documentaries as "Super Size Me" because I prefer blissful ignorance when it comes to McDonalds. Their chocolate shakes and apple dippers with caramel are some of God's greatest gifts to us. That being said, I think fast food has robbed us. Not of our health (that's really our own responsibility), but of our time to eat. I think that taking time to eat slowly, intentionally could almost be a spiritual practice. Spending time thinking about where that food came from, all the hands that worked to produce it, not to mention the fact that that food is a gift from the earth. Not that our lives aren't already busy enough, but I think it's worth considering...taking time to eat.

3 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Mary Liz Ingram said...

FIGHT THE MAN, BE 3/4 VEGETARIAN, NO KILLING, JUST AS FILLING!!!
Pax
Stephen

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Adam Phelan said...

If there's no killing then how do the fish die?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Brad and Elizabeth said...

the fish, shrimp, and mollusks simply give up their life force when they realize people are hungry. they aren't killed and they don't die...they simply transform into my life force.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera