POMOnks

Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Church Dress Codes

A buddy of mine, a youth minister at a progressive Baptist Church, calls me the other day and tells me his boss came in and told hi he needs to watch how he dresses. When he looked down at his attire he saw a Polo shirt tucked in, belt, Jeans, and shoes. It upset him, as it would me. He has been doing a wonderful job at this church, building relationships with the youth, really on top of everything. Why is this a problem, why would he even say anything? This is BULLSHIT!!! I am so angry for my buddy, I am angry at the church, I am angry that this is the type of thing that would even take one nano second of someone who calls themself a minister's, time!!! This is why the American church sucks ass and is in the place it is in. Phooey on you American Church (of which I am apart)Phooey!
Pax
Stephen

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Why are you guys so upset about this? Clearly the problem is that he TUCKED IN his polo shirt. Polos are not supposed to be tucked in. If a shirt has those little notches on the sides, and the back is a bit longer than the front, then it is supposed to be worn outside of the pants. This is what our friend's pastor was trying to tell him I think, without rudely telling him that he had made a fashion mistake. He was trying to be sensitive to our friend's fasion ignorance. I'll have to tell him this when I talk to him. Beware not to make the same mistake yourself Stephen. Or perhaps I should say, "make the same mistake ANYMORE," because judging from what I've seen of your fashion sense, I am sure you have done this yourself...

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this guy is giving you fasion advice, he is clearly closeted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Canon Digital Camera